- Stop burning oil in your gas tank. Save it to make products - such as most things plastic, even contact lenses! Save oil for what is important - don't burn it!
Oil Conservation – Cars that get 350 miles per gallon
How to get nearly 350 mpg of petro from your car with a Loq-kit home:
- The Volt is a flexible-fuel series-hybrid electric vehicle.
- When it becomes available in 2010, buy a Chevy Volt – an extended-range electric car.
- Charge your car’s lithium-ion batteries for free with the energy produced by your home.
- Fill the Volt’s small tank with E85 rather than gasoline, and off you go!
How it works:
- Loq-kit roof panels are snap-lock. Loq-kit photovoltaic roof panels are snap-lock and plug-n-play. Swap out your old roof panels for PV panels and start generating electricity.
- For trips longer than 40 miles, the Volt averages around 50 mpg. The gas powers a generator that produces the electricity the car runs on.
- E85 is only 15% petroleum-based. The other 85% is ethanol, which is biomass-based – whereas gasoline is 100% petroleum-based.
- When your car is running on E85, it is consuming about one-seventh as much petroleum-based fuel as a car running on gasoline.
- Therefore, your 50 mpg car running E85 is actually getting nearly 7 times greater mileage per unit of petroleum-based fuel – or the equivalent of 350 mpg.
Even better – No Fuel Cost, No Emissions, and No Oil!
- Because the Volt uses only electricity (emissions-free) during its first 40 miles after a charge, and your Loq-kit home produces electricity for free, there is no cost whatsoever for the first 40 miles of driving. Keep your trips shorter than 40 miles – and never pollute or pay for the energy your car needs to run again!